Casualty Care - CCW
If you carry a concealed weapon, you should probably be carrying at least a basic medical kit. Most people will be carrying a very basic med kit in these situations, you will be presented with improvised ideas to support the limited kit you carry. This course will build on the basic skills of TCCC/TECC and introduce students to the idea of performing the correct intervention at the correct time, because sometimes good medicine may be bad tactics. Previous trauma care class is required for this course, see below.
During this two day, 16 hour Casualty Care, participants will learn new medical and trauma skills including the Glasgow Coma Scale, Lethal Triad, Vital Signs, Triage, Burns, Fractures, and more. Participants will also use various evacuation skills and tools to rapidly move patients to a safer environment. Casualty Collection Points (CCP) and basic communications will be presented as well.
- TCCC/TECC Review
- Direct and Indirect Threat
- Medical Carry Options
- Public Access Bleeding Kits
- Rescue Techniques
- Use of Cover, Concealment and Tactics
- Casualty Collection Points
- Interaction with Emergency Medical Services
- Appropriate Eye and Ear Protection (Electronic Preferred
- CCW Handgun with quality holster
- 2-3 Magazines
- 150 Rounds of Handgun Ammunition
- Current IFAK (if you have one)
- Lunch, Snacks and Water each day
- Range and Weather appropriate clothing
- 16 Hours
- Open to LE, Civillians, Mil
- Completion of TCCC/TECC class required - Casualty Care, Stop The Bleed, etc.
- 50% Deposit required at registration
- 50% Due at time of class
If you are paying 50% now and the remainder at the beginning of class use the Coupon Code "Train50Down" to pay 50% at checkout. You will receive an invoice for the remaining 50% before class.